Most people share the same goal of getting a flat stomach when it comes to dieting or weight loss. The journey, however, may prove challenging.
Here are some exercises that can help you achieve your goal in lesser time:
Planks are one of the most effective exercises for getting a flatter stomach.
- Get down on the ground in a push-up position
- Place your forearms on the ground and try to keep your body up using them
- Hold your body in a manner that it’s straight and your back is not bent
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat. Ideally, you should do this exercise for about 3 minutes
V sit ups
V sit ups might seem easy, but they play a major role in burning away your fat. You can feel the pressure on your abdominal muscles as you struggle to get up every time.
- Lie straight on the floor with your arms stretched behind your head
- Slowly lift your arms and legs off the ground until your fingertips touch your toes
- In case you can’t form the “V”, raise your arms straight above your head, at shoulder level.
- Hold for about 2 seconds and repeat
- Do 2 sets of 15 reps
Reverse crunches use your abdominal muscles, strengthening them and helping you get closer to your goal.
- Lie flat on the ground and bend your knees such that your feet are still on the ground
- Place your hands straight, by your side
- Slowly, lift up your feet with your knees still bent
- Lift until your knees start pointing towards your face
- Hold for about a second and repeat
- Do 2 sets of 12-15 crunches each
Another effective exercise for a flat belly is the flutter kicks
- Lay down with your hands by your side
- Keeping your core tight, lift your legs up the ground
- Make sure your back is still on the floor
- Bring one foot up and then the other
- Repeat for 30 seconds
- Do about 4 sets of 30 seconds each
- You can put your hands below your butt if this is too difficult
Like regular planks, side planks have also proven to be effective in getting a tonned stomach
- Lay on your side
- Lift your upper body with your elbow directly under your shoulder and palms flat on the floor
- Stack up your feet and lift up your hips so your form a slant line
- Hold for 30 seconds
- Repeat for about 3 minutes
- To make it more challenging, lower your lips until they’re just above the ground
- Lift them back up to form a straight line
- Repeat for 30 seconds
Leg lift is similar to reverse crunch except you have to keep your legs straight
- Lay flat on the floor with your hands by your side
- Engage your core and lift your legs up until your soles face the ceiling
- Make sure your back is still on the floor and your knees are not bent
- Repeat for 60 seconds
- You can place your hands below your butt to if this is too difficult
These exercises will surely help you get a flatter stomach; however, you need to keep your diet in check as well. If you don’t get instant results, don’t be disappointed! It takes time but you will start noticing the difference after a few days of exercising.