Caused by the over production of sebum, skin pores are common in most people. They not only lead to black heads and acne but also speed up your aging process.
Here are some simple daily care routines to get rid of open pores:
Pores can sometimes get clogged with bacteria, dust or oil and lead to acne and blackheads. Washing your face twice a day reduces the chances of your pores getting inflamed and help maintain a healthy and fresh look.
Baking soda mask
Baking soda is known to reduce the appearance of pores along with effectively fighting acne.
To make a mask:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water
- Gently apply the paste on your pores and massage using circular motion for about 30 seconds
- Rinse with cold water
Repeat every night a week and then reduce to 3-5 times a week.
Warning: If your skin is sensitive, use with caution as it might cause redness or itching.
Applying ice cubes
Subjecting your skin to cold water can help in closing the pores.
- Gently place ice cubes on your affected area and massage.
- Continue massaging for 15-30 seconds
The low temperature causes the skin to contract and has a “tightening effect”.
Lemon and pineapple juice
Pineapple and lemon are known to contain enzymes that help tighten and clean the skin. Applying their extracts on the face leaves behind a fresh and glowing look.
- Drench a clean, soft cloth in lemon and pineapple juice
- Place the washcloth on your skin for about 60 seconds
- Rinse your face with warm water
Warning: If you have a sensitive skin, use a moisturizer before the procedure.
Yogurt contains probiotics and lactic acid that keeps the skin free of bacteria and gives it a glowy look. It also prevents acne and enlargement of pores.
- Apply yogurt on your face and leave for about 5-10 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
- Repeat once a week
Warning: Do not leave the mask on for more than 10 minutes as it might irritate the skin.